During the holiday shopping season, it’s easy to lose track of the situation and spend more than you planned. Even if you do have a spending plan for the holiday season, things can get expensive. You can alleviate some of the financial pressure, though, when you sign up for cash back rewards sites.
Cash Back Rewards Sites
These web sites offer your rebates, points and cash back when you use them for your shopping. You can use these sites all year for your shopping needs, and cash in your rewards during the holidays, and you can also use them to offset some of your spending this year. Here are some of the more popular cash back rewards sites:
- Mr. Rebates: You can get up to 30% back on each dollar you spend at certain retailers. On top of that, there is a $5 registration bonus right now, so you start out with $5 in cash back.
- Ebates: This is a popular and well-known web site that is offering a $10 gift card bonus to new sign ups. You can choose from Target, Barnes & Noble and others. Get up to 35% back on some stores, or find great deals.
- Swagbucks: With Swagbacks, you earn points for your purchases, and then you redeem them for products and services that you use regularly. The current sign-up bonus is 30 Swagbucks.
- FatWallet: As long as you use FatWallet as a starting point for your holiday shopping, you can earn cash back from featured retailers. FatWallet also offers instant coupons and other deals.
- ShopAtHome: Get access to online promo codes and great deals. On top of that, you can also get cash back. Thousands of holiday deals, and even free shipping offers.
- MyPoints: Shop your favorite stores and earn points. When you use the deals, coupons and shop at partner retailers, you receive points. Your points can then be redeemed for gift cards, travel, and more.
- Big Crumbs: This cash back rewards web site will also reward you for referrals. Boost your cash back when friends and relatives sign up through your referral code.
- Bing Rewards: The search engine is working on growing market share by offering rewards. You earn rewards for each purchase, and get points that can be redeemed for movies, dining, travel and more.
- Upromise: You can use this web site to help build up money for your child’s college education. Invest your cash back earnings in a 529 so that it goes further. You can also request a check.
Combine with Rewards Credit Cards
You can up your efforts by combining your cash back rewards with a credit card strategy that works. A rewards credit card can help you maximize your cash back. For instance, I like to book trips by first going through Upromise, which connects me to Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and others. I get cash for my son’s college for booking through the sites, and then, when I pay with my Upromise rewards card, I get additional cash back.
This strategy can work with rewards sites as well. You can go to a site like Ebates, and make purchases with your cash back rewards credit card. You’ll get your rewards from the site, plus the cash back for your using your rewards card. With the right strategy, rewards sites and your credit cards can be part of your frugal lifestyle.